19.6.10

This picture aims to strike the viewer with the kind of emotional forbearance one feels when one must wake up on a Saturday morning, after a Friday night, in order to watch Ben 10 at 10 am.
Note the artist's placement of the hands, one clinging to his face as if trying to verify his physical existence, the other held across his chest as if shielding himself from something invisible yet threatening. It is the face of addiction.

I've probably seen less than a dozen episodes of Ben 10. I have a less than basic understanding of the story arc, and I do not know why it is called "Ben 10". What I do know is that I'll put myself into harm's way to watch that show. Then forget about it completely for the rest of the day. The god damned long day I now have to do something with because I am up before midday.

No comments:

Post a Comment