5.3.09

Tonight I watched most of an episode of Life on Mars. I had said I'd never watch it because of those annoying ads they constantly ran before it started with the douche staring at the intact World Trade Center and the annoying song asking whether their is life on Mars. That and I think the entire concept is stupid.
So Life on Mars is shot in this semi-sepia tone, like it's constantly late afternoon. I guess it's to make it seem more 'retro', like the world back then actually looked like it was a low budget home video. Who's to say it didn't?
Oh and EVERYONE has stupid haircuts. Including extras. It's like, we know it's the 1970's! Enough already!



Oh, and if you've ever seen an episode of Cold Case, you know how there's that scene every episode where an old sad and/or inspirational song plays while some old guy is walking/ sitting in slow motion? And then it flashes and he's young again, the way he looked precisely when the crime was committed. Then it flashes back and he's all old once more.
That scene gets me everytime. Makes me feel all sentimental and I relive the 80's. Then I realise I never experienced the 80's apart from those 2 years of infancy.
Yeah, if Cold Case didn't have those scenes it'd totally be shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment