12.10.10

People often say to me, "Liam, what's the best thing about knowing a guy like Henry?"
And I'm like, what IS the best thing about knowing a guy like Henry?
I mean, receiving his insightful text messages, sometimes with insightful photos that he obviously has no moral qualms in taking (like that time he sent me a photo of some Jesus look-a-like being swarmed by seagulls) is pretty good. That's something that really enriches my life. You know?
Like this text w/ photo he sent me months ago:

"Pony Chandelier. When I'm elected Prime Minister it will be illegal not to have one in your house."

But, I think the real, most beneficial thing Henry has ever done for my life, was introducing me to the Lil Wayne documentary (The Carter) way back in 2009.
I get the impression that Henry isn't exactly a "fan" of Lil Wayne, but given the fact that Henry has a formidable knowledge concerning the lyrics to anything sounding even remotely "ghetto" on the radio, I'm not certain. Henry: The shuffling Asian Australian boy familiar with rap and RnB, who also plays the acoustic guitar (an instrument I typically affiliate with white country music singers)... he is both a technological marvel and a cultural anomaly.


Anyway, this might sound like a Henry post, but this is actually about Lil Wayne me.
Before watching his documentary, I had no idea who Lil Wayne was.
Who did I think I was?

No comments:

Post a Comment