12.7.10

Day 7. A letter to a historical event

Dear death of Michael Jackson,

I've heard the "I'll never forget where I was when I heard Michael Jackson had died" and coincidentally, I have also heard "Even though I said I'd never forget what I was doing when I heard that Michael Jackson had died, I have forgotten."
But, I will never forget where I was when I heard about you, the death of Michael Jackson. Because when mildly interesting news, particularly when concerning the death of a celebrity comes from a Bulgarian sex addict riding past you on a bike, it tends to stick.
"Hey Liam, Michael Jackson is dead" were the precise words, in place of the more common and socially accepted 'Good morning' or 'How are you?'
If only all the things I had to remember could be presented to me in that format.

Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment