29.7.10


Day 21: A letter to something you’ve owned for 5 years+

Dear Alien toys from the Alien movie franchise,

I still have you because you are still the bomb!
I received you the year before I started school. I was so into aliens it completely consumed my 5 year old life. I drew pictures of aliens, I interrogated anyone who was old enough to see the movies Alien and Aliens about aliens, and I begged my parents for an Alien toy. Then, the following Christmas and birthday, I got more. I became the proud owner of 4 OFFICIAL Alien toys. I was so happy I exploded.
15 years later and I still have you. I have seen all your movie incarnations, including one that had "VS Predator" in the title. You are a monument to my parents who, despite their many personality defects knew that these toys were the fucking coolest.
xoxo, Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment