16.2.10

Okay, I'm going to get emotional over the internet, but before I even attempt to not do that, I've gotta let you know something.

I posted 'fuck your mum' on a friend's facebook. As you do. See that comment? That's from her mum. Her actual mum. But, I mean, the real problem with this, (aside from insults and parents on facebook) the key point in all of this, is that it's "Not likely."
I mean, listen lady, you're a great deal older than me, and you have at least one kid that I know about. Who do you think is really at liberty to reject whom? Wake up to yourself. Jeez.
You'd have asked for seconds. And now that boat has sailed.

Anyway, back to not getting emotional. I'm moving country. Again. After having settled, I'm packing my bags, throwing out all the crap I stuck to my walls, scrubbing the floor and going back home. A year abroad didn't feel like a long time. Sitting through 'Juno' felt longer.
If I'm not feeling emotional about the move, I'm feeling lazy. I'm content... and waking up early to catch a plane to Taiwan so I can catch a plane to Australia is ruining this 'content feeling'. It's getting up in it's grill, to be precise.
I'm unsure if I have any particular preference to where I'm living. Obviously not the 3rd world. Or an Islamic country. Or anywhere hot. Or most of Europe. And I can't see myself living in a country with guns. A 'gun country' or whatever. But Australia isn't my first preference... is it? Surely I could do better? Aim for the stars and possibly land amongst the clouds.
"Home is where the heart is." I see reason in this. Logically, that is the case. But what happens when you stretch your heart and scatter it around? Pouring all my heart into one thing, one country, one abstract piece of cheap fucking art... that's when you become a lunatic. Firmness of purpose is a character trait I would much prefer to see in fictional characters... and environmentally conscious millionaires.
Firmness of purpose... that sounds good. I'll take 2.
So yeah. Fuck your mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment