9.11.09

I found a fungus just lying on the kitchen bench last night. I double-checked to make sure it wasn't growing there from a neglect of kitchen surface cleanliness. But it was definitely a fungus. It was disc-shaped, orange and still attached to a piece of bark.
What the fuck was it doing in the kitchen? I assume the Chinese guy living on my floor will use it in his cooking. Because the Chinese eat like Mexican peasants. Who I assume, eat garbage. No I'm not being racist. I'm kidding. Because I'm always slightly envious when I walk into the kitchen to microwave my instant noodles, and see that they have made this delectable banquet of exotic dishes from the East. Oh, and the Chinese guy who lives on my floor keeps fish in the cupboard. No, I didn't spell 'refrigerator' wrong. It was late at night, and there was a plate of cooked fish sitting there cling-wrapped and unrefrigerated in the cupboard. At least he covered it in plastic. It's definitely his fungus.

No comments:

Post a Comment