30.9.09

Twilight post

It had to happen (The Twilight related hate post). I'm a boy. I hate Twilight. Teen girl: Have you even read the books? Me: Have you even read Down and Out in Paris and London? Because that is where you're gonna end up. Ego: Yes, I'm smarter than you. I read books that are older and therefore more ... good.
I've seen the Twilight movie. In my defence I heckled it until I was tired and cranky.
Think I can't make an adequate judgement on a movie I've only seen once? Well Merry Christmas, I've seen it once and a half. Yeah, I watched it on a plane! So what? I also made the mistake of watching The Spirit and Doubt on the same flight. (More bad movies I didn't entirely finish watching.)

"Soapbox moment: do not let your impressionable children read Twilight, lest they internalize the kind of freaky obsessive codependent relationship dynamics that Meyer insists are, like, romantic or something. Seriously, SO CREEPY." - some other blogger

Yeah, that was my whole argument. Just some lines ripped from some other place on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment