19.2.09

Iranian pop art

Today I travelled all the way into the city to attend a seminar on art. I asked a friend if she wanted to go with me to an 'art lecture'.
Without question she agreed. She's enthusiastic like that. And she even had an important dinner date with another friend at 8. So she was like really dedicated to seeing this seminar she knew nothing about.
Upon arrival she asked me what the hell we were doing. Apparently she had just been informed that I was attending a lecture and didn't want to sit alone. Just as we arrived at the venue I informed her it was The Life of Art: Contemporary Representations from Iran and the Arab World .
Amidst a crowd of over 30's and what appeared to quite possibly be a 15 year old in a beret we chugged down the free wine and horsedourves like the sophisticated art aficionados we were.

The seminar was also good. Even with no knowledge of "visual arts from the Middle east and North Africa". And even after sitting through the lame, semi-rhetorical questions from the audience at the end.

Memorable moment

Lady 1: We're about to get started if you could start going in. You just can't take the drinks in I'm sorry :)

Liam: No problems :)

1 second later

Lady 2: We're starting. So could you move into the theatre :( *struts away*

Liam: Bitch, I'm drinking wine.

Liam's friend: Liam, she's right behind you. I think she heard you.

No comments:

Post a Comment